1 Minute Necklace

>> Sunday, September 27, 2009

To follow up my 10 second kid craft idea, here’s something you can make yourself in a minute!

Swarovski Donut Necklace

Swarovski Donut Necklace

What you need:
1 donut-style bead (or donut shaped found object)
3 feet of fancy yarn or cord

And here’s what you do: fold the yarn in half, slip it through the donut, slip the ends through the folded “loop”, and tighten. Tie in a bow around your neck – voila! Instant necklace!

For the necklace shown above, I used 3 feet of Swarovski Light Grey Mohair Yarn with 3mm pearls and a 20 mm Cosmic Ring bead in Sahara.

For the second necklace, below, I used the same yarn but in Bronze, and a rusty found object (found in my back yard – not sure who used to live here, but all kinds of rusty things keep turning up).

Found Object Donut Necklace

Found Object Donut Necklace

Here’s a reverse view of the necklace with the crystal bead – I love that the back looks different, so I could wear this either way, depending on my outfit.

Swarovksi Donut Necklace, Reversed

Swarovksi Donut Necklace, Reversed

2 komentar:

miyako September 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

I really like the “I’m Feeling Lucky” option. When I first upload a bunch of photos, I’ll select them all and use it in the batch edit tool.

It automagically fixes lighting, color correction, etc. I’d say it fixes about 75% of the issues for you right off the bat.

Then, if you want to fine tune some more, you can go in and manipulate each option.

sasinakira September 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM  

Wow. 3 billion dollars for a bridge that's 12,294 smoots long (give or take a half-smoot). Seems kind of cheap to me, at $244,021 per smoot. I mean, come on, one smoot has got to be more costly than that, these days. To make a comparison, the Harvard Bridge is only 364.4 smoots long, +/- an ear. If I imagine thirty-three and a quarter Harvard Bridges, end-to-end, -=linking Quatar and Bahrain=-, it would have to be more costly than a cool three billion. I mean, maybe the price is kind of a flat rate, but can you imagine how much they jack up the price of the twelve thousand two hundred and ninety-fifth smoot? My gut's telling me that they have to price the whole thing at the cost of the hypothetical last smoot, and if they did, it would be a lot more than $245,000.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP