Amethyst Swarovski Teardrop Earrings

>> Sunday, September 27, 2009

I love how a really beautiful bead can make a fairly simple design *work* so well. One of my favorite simple earring designs is to dangle a great bead or two from my oversized hook earwires. When I got my latest shipment from Artbeads of Swarovski crystal beads (and yarn! they make yarn with Swarovski beads on it – so I had to get a sample even though I’m not sure how I’ll use it yet) I knew that the amethyst pendant beads would be perfect on these wires. [if you want the exact beads I used, they are 13x6.5mm teardrops in amethyst]

And they are!

Close-up of Swarovski Amethyst Pendant bead

Close-up of Swarovski Amethyst Pendant

It’s hard to capture all the sparkle of Swarovski crystal in a photograph, but I tried. You’ll have to take my word for it that they are even prettier in person.

Swarovski Amethyst Earrings

Swarovski Amethyst Earrings

Not sure if these are going in my etsy shop or if I’m keeping them – amethyst is my birthstone, and yeah, these aren’t real amethysts, but they are definitely the right color. One thing I love about manmade beads like these are how perfect they are – perfect color, no inclusions, perfect cut – while I also love the imperfections in natural beads, sometimes it’s nice to have truly flawless beads. They always match, and they look so elegant.

2 komentar:

miyako September 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

I really like the “I’m Feeling Lucky” option. When I first upload a bunch of photos, I’ll select them all and use it in the batch edit tool.

It automagically fixes lighting, color correction, etc. I’d say it fixes about 75% of the issues for you right off the bat.

Then, if you want to fine tune some more, you can go in and manipulate each option.

sasinakira September 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM  

Wow. 3 billion dollars for a bridge that's 12,294 smoots long (give or take a half-smoot). Seems kind of cheap to me, at $244,021 per smoot. I mean, come on, one smoot has got to be more costly than that, these days. To make a comparison, the Harvard Bridge is only 364.4 smoots long, +/- an ear. If I imagine thirty-three and a quarter Harvard Bridges, end-to-end, -=linking Quatar and Bahrain=-, it would have to be more costly than a cool three billion. I mean, maybe the price is kind of a flat rate, but can you imagine how much they jack up the price of the twelve thousand two hundred and ninety-fifth smoot? My gut's telling me that they have to price the whole thing at the cost of the hypothetical last smoot, and if they did, it would be a lot more than $245,000.

  © Free Blogger Templates Skyblue by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP